︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎
People enjoy my company
A film connecting the privatisation of state-owned telecommunications with techno-optimism, euphoria and online communication in the lead up to the millennium.
People enjoy my company is currently screening as part of no_matter_here, a digital artwork, web zine and exhibition which connects the work of artists exploring pre-millenium networks as potential sites of technological emancipation. The project is a collaboration with Cóilín O’Connell and funded by Brightening Air | Coiscéim Coiligh, a nationwide, ten day season of arts experiences brought to you by the Arts Council.
The film is central to a series of works which can be found by exploring the no_matter_here exhibition page.
The work is funded by a project award from the Arts Council. The development was funded by a Rapid Residency Award from Science Gallery
Features animation by by Andrew Loughnane
Script editing & narration by Matt Bratko
- Irish Museum of Modern Art - 30 Years of the Global Contemporary Chapter 2: Anthoposcene September 2021-2022
- Transmediale Berlin, Haus Kulturen der Welt - August 2021
- Cork International Film Festival - November 2021
- BFI Southbank, London Short Film Festival - January 2022
- Alchemy Film & Arts Festival Scotland March 2022
- Galway International Arts Festival 2022
- CRASSH University of Cambridge 2022
- Lausanne Underground Film & Music Festival 2022
- KFFK / Short Film Festival Cologne N°16 2022
- Kerry International Film Festival - October 2021
- Moscow Shorts October 2021
Best Short Documentary at LUFF 2022 Switzerland