︎ ︎ ︎
︎ ︎ ︎
People enjoy my company
A film exploring the privatisation of the Irish state-owned telecommunications company Telecom Éireann from the viewpoint of shareholders communicating on early online forums. The event is contextualised within ideologies of technological emancipation in the pre-millennium period.
People enjoy my company is currently screening as part of no_matter_here, a digital artwork, web zine and exhibition which connects the work of artists exploring pre-millenium networks as potential sites of technological emancipation. The project is a collaboration with Cóilín O’Connell and funded by Brightening Air | Coiscéim Coiligh, a nationwide, ten day season of arts experiences brought to you by the Arts Council.
The film is central to a series of works which can be found by exploring the no_matter_here exhibition page.
The work is funded by a project award from the Arts Council. The development was funded by a Rapid Residency Award from Science Gallery
- Transmediale Berlin, Haus Kulturen der Welt - August 2021
- Cork International Film Festival - November 2021
- BFI Southbank, London Short Film Festival - January 2022
- Kerry International Film Festival - October 2021
- Moscow Shorts October 2021
- Irish Museum of Modern Art - 30 Years of the Global Contemporary Chapter 2: Anthoposcene September 2021-2022